Beer, Salt & Rhine
(Almost) everything in Rheinfelden revolves around these ingredients. On a culinary tour of the town, a leisurely boat trip and a guided tour of the saltworks, you will experience a potpourri of experiences that appeals to all the senses.
BierBeizenBummel through Rheinfelden.
Go on a culinary journey through the old town with the town guides. In addition to the winding alleys and unknown corners, they will tell you all about Rheinfelden's long beer tradition. In between, you will have an aperitif, appetizer and main course in three different restaurants.
After a short break, you will take the boat towards Basel. While you pass a lock and let the beautiful landscape pass by, you enjoy a fine dessert and a coffee.
The white gold.
After an hour on the Rhine, immerse yourself in the world of salt at Schweizerhalle. Learn where salt comes from and where it is used everywhere on a tour of the salt works in Pratteln.
Round off your excursion additionally with an aperitif on the beautiful Rhine terrace of the Salt Museum or return to Rheinfelden for an overnight stay, where you can also enjoy the healing effects of salt in the brine baths of the EDEN brine bath or the wellness world "sole uno".
Full day package for your group excursion
Book once at Tourismus Rheinfelden and enjoy your excursion carefree. The following services are included in the price.
- 09:45 - 13:30: BierBeizenBummel through Rheinfelden with aperitif, starter and main course as well as beer accompaniment in 3 different restaurants.
- 13:45: Departure of the course ship towards Basel, dessert and coffee on the ship
- 14:40: Arrival ship Schweizerhalle
- 14:40 - 17:00: Guided tour of the Pratteln salt works
Not included: Individual journey to Rheinfelden by car, auto or public transport.
Price & Conditions
- For groups of 15 persons or more
- Price per person: CHF 125
- Bookable days:
April 6 to June 18, 2023 - Thursday & Saturday
19 June to 3 September 2023 - Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
September 4 to October 1, 2023 - Thursday & Saturday
October 2 to October 15, 2023 Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday
Optionally book in addition
- Apéro on the Rhine terrace of the Salt Museum
- Return and overnight stay in Rheinfelden