Here everything revolves around the white gold. On this culinary tour you learn how salt was discovered. You will experience a city tour and a 3-course salt menu in one.
Rheinfelden as a fashionable health resort.
Salt was the main factor in Rheinfelden's rise to become a fashionable spa town at the end of the 19th century. Those seeking relaxation still enjoy the healing effects of the brine on skin, joints and muscles today in the Rheinfelden brine baths.
In 1848, underground salt deposits were discovered in Riburg near Rheinfelden. To this day, this saltworks produces salt as one of three locations in Switzerland. Among other things, this salt formed the basis for the pharmaceutical industry that settled here.
Experience salt in all its facets.
The city guides take you on a journey through time and tell you funny anecdotes and practical tips about the white gold. On the way you will enjoy a 3-course salt menu with wine accompaniment in two restaurants. In the paradisiacal garden of the Hotel EDEN in the park**** you will enjoy aperitif appetizers seasoned with various salts.
Experience salt in all its facets
Highlights on this tour
- Apéro, main course & dessert in two different restaurants incl. wine accompaniment and water
- Mindfulness garden at the EDEN hotel in the park
- Main course & dessert on the Rhine terrace of the Park Hotel on the Rhine
Information about the city tour
- Duration: 2.5-3h
- Starting point: between 10.30am and 12.30pm / between 5.00 and 6.00pm
- Price per person: CHF 92.-
Bookable for groups of 8 or more on any date.